Just some of the benefits of a live aboard trip:- - Less Travel, More Fishing - Beat the crowds to those coastal feeder creeks - Head back to the mother ship for lunch & some air-conditioning - Fish the tide change in the evening when the other are heading home - The 5 night/5 day trip means that you are hitting the water and fishing early am on day 1 of your trip, you don’t miss the morning tide on your first day.
Barra fishing traditionally can mean travelling long distances by land then once you’ve hit the water more travel is involved. A Live Aboard Barra Fishing Charter changes all of this. When you anchor a mother ship in the mouth of one of the Territories famous Barra fishing rivers, Shady Camp, travelling times are shortened considerably and new fishing options become possible.
Tropic Paradise is a purpose built Mothership accommodation vessel giving you a home away from home on the water. All cabins are located on the main deck, have large windows for natural ventilation as well as air-conditioning and built in cupboards. There are 4 cabins with household size double bunks and 2 cabins with a double and single bed and ensuite. Other bathrooms are located on deck, one on the rear main deck and another on the upper level opening to the rear deck.
- Fully air-conditioned vessel with 6 individual rooms, two with ensuite facilities.
- Catering by cook
- Saloon, dining and galley facilities
- Shaded top and lower deck for afternoon drinks & relaxing.
- Fish filleting facilities
- Freezer room for fish
- Bar fridge and eskies for beverages
- 19 metre Cairns Custom Craft alloy catamaran in 1C survey
- 4000 litres diesel fuel
- 4000 litres freshwater accompanied by a 200 litre per hour desalinator
- 4000 litre Premium Unleaded Petrol capability
- 9KVA & 32KVA gen sets
- Cummins powered mains
Barramundi – Threadfin Salmon, Black Jew fish & Golden Snapper can also be targeted.
Fishing 4 per Boat – $4785 per person
Fishing 3 per boat – $5535 per person
Fishing 2 per boat – $6285 per person
Feb – April
Transfers to and from Darwin are included
- All fishing gear supplied on a replace if lost or damaged basis
- Lunches, morning tea, breakfasts and cooked dinners whilst on board
- Light refreshments
- Special dietary requirements catered for
- transfers to and from
What to Bring
- Personal Toiletries
- Any Medication
- Wide brimmed hat
- Cool light clothing, Long sleeves and pants are recommended
- Polarised sunglasses
- 30+ sunscreen
- Camera/Video Camera
- Alcohol (can be arranged prior to your arrival)
- Your own music and movies CD, DVD